Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Here is Kamal ****** from Egypt. Are you online now? I do…

Customer Question
Here is Kamal ******...

Here is Kamal ****** from Egypt. Are you online now?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

Dear Sirs, I do have a Mercedes car E280 (2006) and I would like to upgrade the actual mobile phone adapter working actually with a very old Nokia 6230i and is installed inside a cradle. The system still works with 2 sim cards with 1 number interacting manually between the handy phone and the car's phone, though long time ago the switch was automatic when the car's door was shut off the handy phone was self initiated, but not anymore. In addition that the calls are frequently interrupted when the car's phone is in the talking process. I am enclosing to you a very recent print of the diagnosis assistance system of the car to enable you to make the most reliable solution. The least expensive solution will be appreciated whether by adding the Bluetooth feature or securing my actual problems are solved. Maybe installing a new phone will be a solution but do not know which models could fit into the actual adapter. Thanks for your advise. Regards

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your E280?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E280 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No through a dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In brief how to add a bluetooth feature to the car capab;le to pair with my mobile phone.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does your device require a code?

I have never faced such a question with my old system installed in the car

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Hello, for a 2006 with a factory handset your best option would be to purchase a bluetooth adaptet off of ebay that will work with the latest phones. If you send me a picture of your phone and adapter and cradle that would help. But to disconnect your phone from the car there is a single button you press that will release the cradle and then the bluetooth adapter slides in its place. Hope this information helps , here is usa we can purchase a updated bluetooth adapter from ebay very inexpensive. Again Hope this information helps , Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified

Hello Please find enclosed the photos you have requested, Please check and I would appreciate you advise which specific bluetooth adapter could replace the Nokia phone into the cradle. Thanks. Regards Kamal **********

customer service has sent me the photos, i am looking over them now.

thanks,Lou

Hello
I have send you the photos after removing the cradle by direct mail. Have you received them?
Thanks to advise the details of the new suitable cradle.
Regards
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago

sorry i did receive them, i will upload what you need in my next message

what kind of cell phone will you be using?

Hello
The hand phone I use is Samsung S7, however I understood a Bluetooth adapter will installed on a new cradle and not a second phone. Is this correct. Please advise.

correct, the handset will install and you can then use the bluetooth,

here is the adapter.

>>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<<<<<

Do you mean I will buy a new cradle (if yes which model) and will install the new Bluetooth adapter to pair with my Samsung S7. Please explain. Thanks.

click the link i sent in the previous message.

all you need to do is clip that to the connection in the console and pair the phone.

it will work.

Meanwhile I'll look to get this adapter and install it and pair it with my hand phone and will come back to you later with the outcome.
I guess with this adapter I will be able to see my phone book and scroll the names, the calls received etc..
My last point: Will appreciate in case there is more than one suitable adapter with different options to select from.
Thanks
I have rated the 5 stars in view of your prompt clear support.
Ok just so i dont mislead you, this adapter is only to allow the bluetooth to function. You will not be able to see contacts and recent calls in the radio . This is merely and adapter that would work like a headset and allow you to use the phone through the car. The bluetooth function came out after the phones were installed in the cars so there is limited functionality BUT you can at least use the phone through the car and the buttons on the steering wheel and radio to function the phone. Hope this information helps , in order to rate me you must click the stars that is the only way I am rated, thanks! And if you have any issues in the future please look me up, Lou
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician