Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Stan, have a vito 2003 with water ingress in the ignition…

Customer Question
Hi stan , have...

Hi stan , have a vito 2003 with water ingress in the ignition street, can I just replace it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Bought the whole thing with a dead battery, been sitting for sometime

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Mercedes?

W639

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Project for me,new battery, removed ignition switch seen evidence of water in there

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just the direction to go with the ignition switch

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have you not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Yes, you can just replace the ignition switch, but you need to find the source of the water intrusion first so that the new one doesnt have the same thing happen to it and short it out