Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2011 glk350 and it decided not to start today. I…

I have a 2011 glk350...
I have a 2011 glk350 and it decided not to start today. I bought a new battery and it still won't start. The light are on the dash but when you turn the switch nothing happens.
1/20/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what was your specific question? did you want to know possible causes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
n how I can resolve the problem. Sterling won't release after I pressed the yellow botton to take it out of gear.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

can you post a picture of the instrument cluster when the key is in the on position please .

i do also need a vin # to get the factory information

thanks

Wolfgang

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When the key is in the ignition it reads please remove key from the ignition until I remove it

so and its the same when the key is in the on / run correct?

just want to make sure on this !!!

still waiting on the vin # please

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WDCGG5GB9BF628261

sorry for my delay putting my kids to sleep.

The most common cause is the steering lock module that is mounted on the column has failed and hence the ignition will not come on due to the fact the eis(ignition switch) and lock module are not communicating.

the rectification is to replace the steering lock module then have it programmed by MB.

The vehicle must be towed to the MB dealer.

cost of this is about $800 area.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for all your help. Information was very helpful and will be used to resolve this issue. I rate my experience Awsome and will diffintly use this service again.

MY PLEASURE AND THANKS!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician