Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear hatch on my 2008 Mercedes ml320 unlocks but won’t…

Customer Question
The rear hatch on...

The rear hatch on my 2008 Mercedes ml320 cid unlocks but won’t lift some times

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing but I would like to fix myself

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/20/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

we had a few different issues with this model . the repair will be one of the following.

• if the latch opens and does not move and then the door pulls closed again that can be fixed by reprogramming the tailgate lift control unit.
  • if the tailgate unlatches but does not raise at all it can be the liftgate module and or the hydraulic pump . the connections at the pump can corrode.
  • if the latch unlatches and the door starts to move up a few feet and then lowers it can also be the hydraulic pump as it can be getting weak.

this does not sound like a latch issue but more of a coding issue.

only the dealer or a european shop that has mercedes benz capable scanners.

hope this helps.

if you need more information please let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Lou

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician