Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My on/off climate control button is not working i 2011

Hello my on/off climate...

Hello my on/off climate control button is not working i 2011 cl550. I can turn the system on in the dash with the wheel but not manually with the buttons on the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Yes i have power steering but i havent checked the fluid. the car drives fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CL550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent trieed anything except for trying to find solutions via the interenet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats my only issue

1/20/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

sorry you are having this issue.

what are the other problems you are experiencing?

I tried turning the heat on with thte on/off rocker on the dash and nothing happened. non of the rocker buttons work and a red led light flashes above the auto rocker button on the right side. however i am able to control the system with the large toggle button in the center console by the arm rest
hello are you there?

yes sir, gotta give me time to type

ok we can try and pull the fuse to the panel and see if it resets it.

give me a few minutes to pull up the fuse info.

I will respond as soon as I can .

i do have to step away for a phone call as well,

but i will be on the rest of the night, so bear with me we can get something figured out.

Lou

my apologies, as luck would have it my nephews clutch just went out an i had to go get him.

ok checking wiring diagrams now.

I just realized that my night vision and the controls to manipulate the headlights aren’t working either. Sounds like a dude issue that operates the dash board
Fuse issue

ok it could be, but it can also be a communication issue, lets hope for the fuse!

that fuse block is drivers side of engine compartment.

Is it near the windshield in a black box?
I don’t have a tool to open it

yes, oh, i dont remember these needing a tool, do they have small allen heads?

forgot they did that......

i do not think there is a allen tool in the spare tire kit as well

well then we are at a standstill until you try that.

i would suggest to remove the battery cables but then it will cause more hassle after we reconnect.

when you can you will need to go to a parts store and get a allen socket and then we can continue.

Lou

Ok I’ll resume in the morning
I’m eastern time zone

central for me.

i do have a few things i have to do tomorrow but i will always reply.

have a good night.

Lou

Ok thanks
No problem . If pulled the fuse does not help then you’ll have to go to a shop that has a scanner that can read codes to see what might’ve happened . Hope this information helps , Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
I just checked most the fuses that are supposed to regulate the problems that I’m having. They all look good. I couldn’t get two of the fuses out though
Ok then we wil have to have the car scanned to see what codes are in the car .
I got them all out except for one. I checked them and pushed everything in real good and it’s working fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Thank you for your help
Good deal! Let me know if anything changes , have a good week!
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician