Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The boot won’t latch shut. 2010 ml350. I’d like to. No

Customer Question
The boot won’t latch...

The boot won’t latch shut

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2010 ml350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’d like to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
The latches in these cars are very problematic . If you close the hatch and the latch does not catch and close the tailgate then the latch needs to be replaced. The job is very easy and the part is inexpensive. The rear door panel will need to come off to replace the latch. Not sure if aftermarket sells this part. Hope this information helps if you need anything else please let me know . Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you. the only way I am paid for my info and time is when you rate, if there is a issue with the info I sent and you need more help or anything then by all means please let me know and I will continue to help you, but please take the time to rate me so I may be paid. Thank you. Lou P.