Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have 2014 E250 BT with 32,000 miles...original owner...great…

Customer Question
Hi. Have 2014...

Hi. Have 2014 E250 BT with 32,000 miles...original owner...great vehicle. Within past month or so (cold weather in east coast mid-Atlantic states) have been having intermittent starting problem. Almost always on first start of the day, but doen't always happen. Garaged.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Turn key to position two...wait for "coil" yellow light to go out and advance to position three. completely dead most times, other times it will stutter then nothing then stutter then nothing. If I turn off and turn back on it starts fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO...always use dealer, but warranty is up in a month so would like to get this resolved. Vehicle in dealer now...they say they can't replicate the problem!!!!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/19/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

i do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist!!

Thanks