Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My sons 1999 SLK Kompressor alarm will not turn off and the…

My sons 1999 SLK...

My sons 1999 SLK Kompressor alarm will not turn off and the door locks will not synch using the key fob, even when we start the car the alarms stays on and that dam tow light continues to blink, how do we resolve this problem? thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Fuses are fine, door switches are fine. We had this problem, I solved it by resynching the fob with the car, I just don't remember how I did it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Mercedes?

SLK Kompressor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried aiming the eye of the key fob at the rear of the vehicle and and holding the unlock button

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That I got it fixed b4, I just can get it fixed now, alarm will not disarm

1/19/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Try this reset , but if that does not work You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Have key fob battery been checked ?

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Ok sir, I appreciate your response. That is way more complicated than what I did last time. I simply aimed the key fob at the back of the car, pressed some combination of buttons and it reset. You are not familiar with this way of resetting it?

this one is key synchronization,never heard of the key aiming to rear , which key you pressed

1. Turn key to position 2 then back to position 0 and remove it.
2. With in 60 sec. push the lock button and lift gate button at the same time for 15 sec.
3. Press any remote control button twice to activate the system.
Second procedure:
1. Turn key to pos.2 and back to pos. 0 and remove it.
2. with in 60 sec. press and hold the lock all button.
3. While the lock all button is depressed, press unlock button 5 consecutive times.
4. Press any RADIO remote button to activate the system.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, different expert here. My name is***** can help.

None of those procedures applies to your car. Before you try to synchronize the remote you should check to see if you are able to lock and unlock the car using the interior central locking switch.

Let me know if the interior switch works and we will go from there.

ok
where on the dash board would I find it
doesn't work
just the fob works

It's next to the hazard switch.

even then locks still don't go all the way up.

Are you saying that the interior switch does not lock and unlock the car but the fob does?

but the locks don't raise at the same time

Ok, if the remote activates the locks it does not need to be synchronized. Your problem sounds like a faulty PSE module for the alarm and door locks. The module is located in the passenger side of the trunk behind the paneling. If the module fails you will not be able to disarm the alarm and the door locks will malfunction.

here is how it works, as long as we leave the car unlocked, don't set the alarm, we don't have any problems. My son got the car form his uncle for free, so we aren't concerned about it being locked. However, whenever some accidentally lock it, we have this problem. I solved it last time by synching the locks
BTW the fob is not activating the locks. Can you walk me thru synching the locks, that is what fixed it last time.

I will bot the sync procedure but I think your problem is the PSE module. Also make sure that the battery has not run down. Procedure is below.

1. Point the IR transmitter window (a) toward IRCL receiver (A26/7) in the interior rearview mirror.
  2. Press unlock button (b) or lock button (c) momentarily twice.
  3. Turn key in steering lock to position "2" within the next 30 seconds.

Point the fob at the interior mirror

position 2 , does that start the vehicle?
how close do I need to be to the mirror

Point it about 12" away from the mirror. Position 2 does not start the car.

ok then what do I do after all that
  1. Point the fob at the rearview mirror.
  2. Press the unlock button or lock button momentarily twice.
it worked thanks!

Excellent!

If you would please take a moment to rate my service I would appreciate it.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
yup

Thank you!