Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Marty, easy question... Is there a way to see the fuel gauge…

Marty, easy question... Is there a...
Marty, easy question...
Is there a way to see the fuel gauge without having to actuallly start the engine? Like the old school "ignition on" so the console gauges wake up? I was trying to check how much gas I had, and ran into the issue...
Thanks.
1/18/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

You should be able to press the start button once or twice without stepping on the brake in order to read the cluster.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I thought I tried that, before stepping on the brake. I'll double check! Thanks!

You're welcome. Let me know how you make out.

we were both right :)
I didn't realise that I needed to press it a 2nd time to see the fuel gauge turn on, and ended up starting the engine after the failed first attempt.
This time, I pressed a 2nd time and it worked. I also did this multiple times...
Not sure why that is so!

I've noticed the same thing on some of the models. It seems to get out of the loop sometimes. Glad it worked for you.