Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2017 C300 Mercedes Benz and would like to install a…

I own a 2017...

I own a 2017 C300 Mercedes Benz and would like to install a spotlight. How can I do this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Imay fix it myself and have not tried anything yet. I don't know where to put it due to airbags etc.

1/18/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Do you have a photo of the unit you are wanting to install?
no photos, I am thinking a remote spotlight would be the best route
Ok what are you wanting to do with this spotlight? I can totally advise on wiring and what not but i would like to know more about the spot light and the endgame
I just need to know the best place to place it and how to wire it up. I've looked at some of the remotes but I don't like the style or price.
Thanks for your help for now I'm not in a big hurry to do this and I must shop around a bit more

ok may I have your vin? i Ill get you the diagrams for the fuse boxes and the best place to wire it into.

Lou

My VIN is WDCGG8JB5FG437270. I APPRECIATE WHATEVER YOU CAN DO.

ok, on it.

do you own more than one benz?

this vin is for a GLK350

here is what i got for a w205 model mercedes C class.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician