Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Problem with speed control on brand new Mb2018 GLE400 SUV,

Problem with speed control...

Problem with speed control on brand new Mb2018 GLE400 SUV, keeps kicking out says Radar Signal dirty

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2018 GLE400 Suv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No not fixing myself. taken back to dealer says it kicks out for safety reason. passing a vehicle when another vehicle is following you and speed control kicks out, that's not safety in my books. checked with computer doesn't show any problem

1/18/2018
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you are seeing a message saying the signal is dirty this can be an issue with the radar sensor itself.Some models use two of these sensors.I have seen the sensor fail to cause this issue here.It may not set any codes as the computer thinks it is dirty.If the dealer will not diagnose this further and you are seeing this message come up when it acts up you may have to contact Mercedes to see if they can contact the dealer to push this repair along.The link below is for Mercedes customer service.

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/canada/mpc/mpc_canada_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/about_us/contact_us.html

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete: Thanks for your information, greatly appreciated. The MB dealership is giving me all sorts of excuses for cruise kicking out all the time, everything from towers to over heads no vehicles on the highway to go figure, cruise works good in Europe but not in Canada, different roads?? I want to thank you as well for giving me the info to public relations which I just finished speaking to them and explained my problem, they are getting in touch with the Dealership and some one is to call me.Again Thank you, ***** ***** need to I will get in touch with you. Regards, Lucienne Primeau

Your welcome.I do hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Excellent service. I have done what was suggested and am waiting a reply. Many thanks for your service. I will certainly call on you if the occasion arises. Definitely would recommend you. 5 star rating. Thanks again Pete. Lucy

Your welcome Lucy

If you haven't yet, feel free to rate my help here or above the 5 stars.This is how I receive credit for my time.There should be a link or something to click on to leave the rating.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic