Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 smart car and it is smoking like a train.

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 smart car and it is smoking like a train. mech. said it has good compression in all cyls.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?

114000 and no coolant lost or excessive oil use. just started overnight. appears to be injesting oil straight in intake

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 smart?

Passion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing so far have no clue what could cause this so sudden

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

First few minutes of running normal emissions and then the smoke pours out like a fire hose

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/17/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

have you checked the oil level to make sure its not overfull?

what color is the smoke?

does the exhaust drip any residue?

any check engine light?

how does the engine run when this happens?