Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a ml350 mercedes benz while im driving i have to stop…

Customer Question
I have a ml350 mercedes...
I have a ml350 mercedes benz while im driving i have to stop the car to make the rpm's go down its like something is holding the engine back from flowing correctly . Check engine light comes on then will go off in a day or to it . The car goes into gear correctly but it just seems the engine is working harder the it should if im doing 35 it feels like im doing 15 mph
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/17/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does it feel like the engine is bogging down when you accelerate like it doesn't have the power it needs an takes more acceleration just to move the vehicle down the road?

Do you hear any odd noises with this issue here?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

I dont here any odd noise. It feels like the engine is working had if im doing 20 it feels like 10 mph the rpm's jump from 3 to 4

O.k., one of the more common causes for this issue can be a restricted catalytic converter.If you have not had an exhaust back pressure test done you would want this done with a back pressure tester.The back pressure should not exceed 1.5 psi on each side of the exhaust at any rpm range.If it does then the catalytic converter on the side of the engine with the restriction needs replaced.

If your engine air filter is plugged up this can also cause this issue and would need to be replaced.This needs to be checked into as well.

The very first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic