Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The Radio and Dash display will not come on. Checked all…

The Radio and Dash...

The Radio and Dash display will not come on. Checked all fuses and they seem to be good. Do you know the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes checked both of them.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2010 c300 4mactic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, have checked all fuses by a mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, the car was given a jump start at the car wash whom believe it need a jump start, however it did not, only the ignition key was not inserted fully. The Radio and Dash Display has not worked since.

1/16/2018
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** times this problem can be resolved by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes. Try that first and see if it resets the radio and dash displays. If you have no success it is possible that the jump start was performed incorrectly and the components have been damaged.

Let me know if the reset works.

Marty

tried disconnecting the negative and still nothing. Do you have any idea which component may be damaged and maybe the approximate cost to repair ?

The fuses in the front fuse box under the hood will need testing for proper voltage and the voltage at the components themselves will need to be tested. A diagnostic scan will need to be performed with the Mercedes tester to check for communication faults in the vehicle network. If the fuses and power supply to the components are good and there are no communication faults it is possible that the individual components have failed. This can get very costly. Replacement of the instrument cluster and radio can easily exceed $1000.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician