Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There is a water on the carpet of the passenger Side

There is a water...

There is a water on the carpet of the passenger Side floorboard of my Mercedes-Benz SLK 230

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 230E?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 230E yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Wil bring to a mechanic. Just need to know which parts to order.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is happening whether rain or not- it isn't a leaky windshield, is it a clog in the AC unit?

1/15/2018
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. This is either a leaking heater core, or a clogged AC condensation drain. Is the water clear or is it like a coolant color?

Chris

I see no discoloring, nor odor so I think it is clear

Ok, then it is condensation water leaking out of the HVAC housing. If the condensation drain gets clogged up with debris, then that is what will happen. Also if the coolant level is not getting low, then it is not coolant. Have your tech/mechanic clean out the drain. He/she will use some compressed air most likely to clear it out. No parts should be required to do this. Just the labor to clean it out.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Thank you for accepting my answer and for using just answer today!

Chris