Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

P only, I want to do a service on the front differential the…

This question is for Lou...
This question is for Lou P only, I want to do a service on the front differential the rear differential and the transfer case of a 2007 r320 diesel. Can you tell me what the correct fluid type and capacity is for these three? If there is a generic equivalent that would be great, please let me know.
1/15/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
I will do some looking in wis and get you the info. It might be in the morning if that is ok.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thats fine, I just need to order the fluida, so whenever you get a chance wouñd be great.

good morning I am getting the info now for you,

Lou

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for typos, issues with phone!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for typos, issues with phone!

front and rear same gear lube spec sheet attached. 1.1 liters each.

transfer case is trans fluid, spec sheet also attached. holds half a liter.

hope this helps.

the trans fluid is D/M VI (dexron mercon6 full syn)

hope this helps.

if not let me know,

Lou

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
wow only half liter on transfer case.

yes, in fact i think there is only 1 fill plug that you have to siphon the fluid out of, i dont have a fluid change document, ill have to look at some pictures.

ok i can see 2 plugs on this one.

drain from lower one and fill with upper one.

should be a few inches from each other.

Lou

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, and that is for the transfer case?

yes sir.

i think reach diff has the same a drain and fill.

there is no documents for such though.

i googled pictures to see them when they are removed.

should be easy to see, if not let me know and Ill do some digging

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I will find. Easier for me, car right in front of me! Well thanks, ***** ***** do it. Appreciate your help.

no problem sir, let me know if you need anything additional!

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician