Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mercedes benz ML350 2006 I need to repair the emergency

brake handle. the cable has...
Mercedes benz ML350 2006 I need to repair the emergency brake handle. the cable has come off the handle.How do I reattach the cable so it will stay on the handle?
1/14/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there should a ball end on the cable. You are going to need to lower the trim panel underneath the driver side of the dash, disconnect the ebrake handle and there should be 2 screws on the inside of it to remove and then pull the back part of the release out and you will see where the cable fits in and the ball end hooks in place.

The only directions are part of the directions for replacing the ebrake pedal assembly, which I have included, plus just the pertinent part on accessing the above so you know the part that is applicable

Now if the ball end is broken off the cable, you will need a new cable, or if where it hooks into the handle is broken, you will need a new handle, which I will say is a bit common for breaking on the MLs.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager