Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ron, I have a 2004 VW Phaeton. I need help with the exterior…

Ron,I have a 2004 VW...
Ron,I have a 2004 VW Phaeton. I need help with the exterior lights. All three brake lights lamps inop. with code 01344 in 29-Light Control Left. Key off/headlight switch on - no left tail lights. R&L tail lights work with key on. No codes in 39-Right Light Control. Diags would definitely be helpful. I'm gaining access to brake switch.Thanks
1/12/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Mike, thanks for the request but on this one my information is very limited. Im going to open the post back up for you and hopefully, someone with good information can help you.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  1. UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need some more info to assist you

1. Vin # of the vehicle
  2. If you have vag com can you scan entire vehicle and post log here
  3. any recent repairs to the vehicle?

thanks

1. 1WVWAF63D548009532
2. SnapOn Zues
3. No
My #1 concern is the stop lights. I'm trying to get to the switch. But, wow is it up in there!!!

the brake light switch is a b#$%@ to get to !!

let me get the info and will get back

wait a sec so you do not have any brake lights with the key off but with the key on it works?

or are you taking about the tail lights not working?

if that is the case did you scan 09 module to see if there is any faults?

thanks

also please scan 46 comfort module too

thanks

No brake lights or reverse lights at all
Did you scan 09 and 46 modules ? Any codes?
I'm headed home for the evening. But, first thing I'd like to start with getting to the brake light switch
With a scan you may not need the switch. Work smart not work hard. That is why I requested scans from 46 and 09 modules

Mike any new updates need assistance to take that brake light switch out?

A#*%$#^# took the vehicle and didn't come back once he realized what costs could/would be.

wow got to love those A$$%0!3$

These customers that owns Phaetons get sticker shock with the repair costs and you can get the cars cheap!

they are awesome cars though $$$$$$$.

Fyi just to give you info that I have Factory info for Audi, VW, Bentley, Lambo, Benz, Volvo. I deal with the European vehicles so keep me in mind!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician