Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My check engine light just came on. The engine sounds like…

Customer Question
My check engine light...

My check engine light just came on. The engine sounds like it's working really hard. When I turn the wheel, it's hard to turn and it makes a sound.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

ON

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2010 GLK 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I made sure the gas cap is tight.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/12/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

if your steering is hard to turn you need to shut the engine off and make sure the belt is still attached to the pulleys.

as for the check engine light, we would need a code scanner to read the codes and see what the possibilities are , there are literally a thousand codes that can show lol.

you can get the codes read from an autozone for free although we might need a better scanner than they have to offer.

Let me know what I can do to help and I surely will.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you feel I have earned one, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician