Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 Mercedes e 350 radio will not turn off when removing…

2008 Mercedes e 350 radio will...
2008 Mercedes e 350
radio will not turn off when removing the key or leaving the vehicle
radio unit was replaced (problem still the same )
all radio functions works fine
any idea?
fuses and basic checks ready donei'm professional shop with professional tools
thanks
1/12/2018
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

May I have the vin ?

are there any other functions that still work? like windows or wipers or horn with the key removed?

its all off
just one thing i found
the right buttons on steering wheel , like volume and phone doesn't work

ok, those can be button issues if the left buttons work.

may I have the vin? usually this is a software issue.

but since the radio was changed that is odd.

have you tested how long the radio will stay on? i think we have a coding we can change in the radio for how long it stays on with the key removed .

vin wdbpj74j14a041842left buttons on steering works just the right ones dosent
radio will stai on for about 10 to 15 minutes
but will not back on after car start ( will need to press the on button to make it on again )

ok, that sounds like coding to me UNLESS it happened to the customer out of nowhere.

its unlikely that a circuit is sticking on or else you would have more things that work when the key is off.

its possible that the audio gateway is sticking on as well, its located in the left side of the trunk between the quarter panel and the hinge sheet metal.

this is odd.

not normal.

if you turn the radio off with the key off does it come on by itself?

no
radio will only turn off and on pressing his on button

ok,

do you have a scanner that can read the codings?

im a professional shop
let me update
scanned the entire vehicle
* comand or audio
*agw -audi gateway
thei will not have comunicationall other modules comunicate normalthis help on something ?this hel

ok, lets check the codings in the radio and audio gateway., see if there is one for circuit 15 run on or radio run on

yes that does,

can you send me pictures of the codes?

on system diagnosis (CAM)
930eon instrument cluster
event 9118

ok, central gateway is different that audio gateway,

see if you can check the coding in the radio and audio gateway.

I can't there is no communication
there is no communication on any audio modulejust the tele aid modules has communication

ok hmm, we should have had codes than,

have you see this problem before
or you don't have any idea?
Both to be honest usually the problem is software and if you change the radio it should have fixed it if it’s not in the radio that it must be in the audio gateway since you cannot communicate with the audio system is he there a problem with your scanner or there is a communication fault on the Can data bus
The radio has battery voltage at all times it only wakes up when I gets a signal from the ignition switch saying the key is on it sounds like that is not happening which could be because it’s not communicating on the data bus
I will opt out maybe someone else has a better idea if no one else is able to help request me again and I’ll help you figure this

Hello, I see that no one has picked this up,

are you still working on this car?

i think i can help you figure this out once and for all.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
i just returned the car to a costumer
i have no time to waist on it
thank you

ok, if you need anything in the future please let me know,

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician