Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My GLK350 roof will close but the back of the glass will not…

Customer Question
My GLK350 roof will...

My GLK350 roof will close but the back of the glass will not go all the way down and pull the headliner closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your GLK350?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GLK350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried resetting the moon roof didn't appear to help even if I was doing it right made sure there were no obstructions no clue what else to try.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much does this cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mercedes Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

No thanks...

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/10/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here the glass may need to be adjusted to allow closing all of the ways.If you see no issues with any broken components or debris this is usually the cause.In some cases, though if this issue occurred suddenly the track itself can become damaged causing this fault with the track assembly needing to be replaced.If you would like I can try and look up a procedure on how to adjust the glass on your model to see if this resolves the issue and post it here for you just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete