Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Gas pedal sensor got shored out when carpet was cleaned with…

Customer Question
Gas pedal sensor got...

Gas pedal sensor got shored out when carpet was cleaned with foam solution.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

2017 M/B GLC300 After cleaning, gas pedal malfunctioned. Very sluggish. Has this ever happened to other bloggers?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GLC300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had part replaced at local M/B dealer. They said it was not repairable, so needed complete replacement.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Any information on how often this has occurred to others?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

I am not a blogger lol, I am a 15 year master mercedes tech, and yes, carpet shampoos have cost owners thousands of dollars over the years.

the sensor is high up on the pedal so whoever was doing the washing must have been super careless.

usually the issue is the modules under the floors cause they use too much water and soap on the carpets.

did you get the old pedal back from the dealer to see how it looks?

if not i can get you a picture.

Lou

I have the old part. It is an enclosed mechanism, so nothing obvious. I did not get a trouble code from the dealer in Sarasota. The car wash/detail vendor does not want to accept responsibility because "this has never happened before......so maybe it is a M/B issue". That is why I am seeking more info on frequency of this problem
prefer a written answer, as I want to print off as partial evidence for the wash/detail vendor

ah, ok so it is sealed, HOWEVER since the pedal is inside the car the connection to it will not have a gasket so water can get into it from the connection.

sometimes on the terminals you can see the corrosion or water marks, its hard to get companies to cover this unless it happens while in their possession, and just because it didnt happen to other cars does not mean they did not cause this. and by other cars i mean in their possession or experience.

all it takes is one time.

and the phone offer is automated, so no worries.

but its extremely possible that water got into the sensor. Lou

Is there anything else I can help with ?

please let me know, if not

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back. If you choose to do so, BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician