Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 05 Mercedes ML350 the the low beam on the right…

Customer Question
I have an 05 Mercedes...
I have an 05 Mercedes ML350 the the low beam on the right side doesnt work knew bulb and ground is good all the way to the bulb but I have now power at the bulb and no power at the block in the headlight assembly so no power comeing in to the low beam light
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/9/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Troy I will need your vin and the build date on the drivers door sticker to get the correct diagrams please.

Lou

VIN# ***** build date is 10/04

thanks.

welcome

searching the diagrams now, doesnt show you have the xenon code but diagrams from 9/02 on only show the xenon option,

this low beam was in the outer portion of the light correct? behind the eyeball looking lens?

this outer one is the low beam and the inner one is the high beam.

just to be on the same page, 99% of the times customers replace the high beam on accident and are not on the correct area of the housing .

have to ask to be sure.

i replaced the outer one correct the inner is the high beam
it is an H7 bulb

ok, thanks, ***** ***** are the wires on the bulb socket? are they both black>?

should be pink and brown, found it, worst diagrams ever.

pink comes from the aam module that is attached to the front fuse box in the engine bay,

need to check continuity from pink wire to ..... checking

wires arew yellow hot and brown ground
the wires im dealing with are yellow for hot and brown for ground
i also have a pink wire and green wire the green shows hot and the pink shows as ground
OK if you could upload me some pictures of what your working with for some reason Man these old ml are the worst diagrams ever
sorry let me do this again going into the headlight assembly I have brown
sorry brown,yellow,green,and pink in that order and comeing out its yellow and brown to the low beam and white and brown to the high beam
Ok i will find the right one. I am commuting so i will respond asap when i can
ok thank you

check fuse 35 in the front engine bay fuse box.

lets start there.

it may not be installed in this year, you would think a 15 year mercedes tech would know this stuff lol, these ML are the worst diagrams and no diagnosis info, i will have to opt out at this time.

if no one else pick up on this i will jump back on

my apologies.

Lou

Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer. Can you take a pic of what you are looking at please. reason want to verify the colors . note white can fade to yellow after time so i just want to verify this correctly and assist thanks
thanks for getting back wolfgang i cant upload pics but I can tell you its an ML350 2005 and its the left headlight the high beam works on both sides right and left the low beam works only on the right the wires I have going into the left headlight are brown, yellow, green, pink in that order and comeing out to the low beam is brown and green and to the high beam is brown and white

with the discrepancy of the wiring diagram it helps me see what you are seeing. help me to help you please !!

thanks

hello again any new update on my info that i have given?

thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician