Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Just bought a 2010 slk350 and I cannot reset the clock,

Customer Question
Hello Pearl. Just bought...

Hello Pearl. Just bought a 2010 slk350 and I cannot reset the clock, miles driven or the service "C". I had a 2009 for over 5 years and I am familiar with the instrument cluster menu but these features do not show up. Does the computer need to be reset???

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SLK350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried the various buttons on the steering wheel that brings me to the cluster instrument section but none of these options come up in order for me to reset them.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

GREAT but the service "C" is exceeded by 140 miles and it has been services, just needs to be reset. The clock is off by an hr and cannot find time set to reset it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Wanting to know if I bring it to the dealer, is it as simple as resetting the computer or is there a bigger problem that I am not aware of?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
1/8/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Below is the procedure on how to reset the service interval.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7hdwyglivgos9d/s-01-08.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwzktssckac9ma2/se-01-08.png?dl=0

The clock setting function is usually done with the steering wheel controls as well.You should be able to select set with command or separate and set the time.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand how to get the time /set for the clock but it is no where to be found. It does not come up along with resetting the miles and the service. It is just not coming up in the display. Have you ever seen(really not seen) this before?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, so you have no answers and now you are asking me for more money. Thanks, ***** ***** very disappointed.

I apologize for the delay.

The phone call offer is an automated offer that all customers are offered.No need to accept it as we can continue here.Let me see if I can find more info on your clock.I have set the clock before and usually it is done with the steering wheel controls.Does your model have the command radio system or just a basic radio?

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic