Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

The rear hatch sticks when cold and only opens from inside.

Customer Question
The rear hatch sticks...

The rear hatch sticks when cold and only opens from inside

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2003 c240 wagon 4matic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C240 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to take off back panel, stuck there...lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it ..

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
1/7/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website. Also your deposit is only a deposit.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

i do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist!!

Thanks

• RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do you think?

if you feel the release handle on the outside is it frozen pulled?

let me know!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, it's just not opening on a consistent basis
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actuator. Sensor?

can you take a pic of the release on the trunk handle itself so i can see what you are seeing?

this will give me a direction of how to approach this .

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician