Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My smart won’t turn. Slk350. 2006 car. Battery is good and…

Customer Question
My smart won’t turn ...

My smart won’t turn

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your smart?

Slk350. 2006 car. Battery is good and strong changing the remote battery now and it still working the battery that is

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes in my car not the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SLK350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet ivory getting. A message saying that my speed Tronic malfunction drive to workshop I was going to take it in on Monday but I can get it to start and get out of the grocery store parking lot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Want to give me that message it also my turn signals don’t work my tilt wheel doesn’t work and I am need to do my blinkers when I’m getting that message that comes on but then sometimes about the work just fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/7/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** for the wait on this question. If your key will not turn in the ignition it is possible that the key has failed or that there is a fault with the electronic ignition switch or with the electronic steering lock. The batteries inside the key will not cause this problem. If you have a spare key you should try that first. Next step would be to get the car connected to the Mercedes tester to check for faults in the electronic ignition switch and steering lock. All this is assuming that the battery is fully charged. Sometimes you can disconnect the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and get the system working again. It doesn't always work but it's worth a try.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty