Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery goes dead if car sits longer than just overnight.

Customer Question
Battery goes dead if...

Battery goes dead if car sits longer than just overnight. Mercedes repair shop owner and his mechanics have put in 2 new batteries in 7 days time. They say they can't find anything wrong. Anywhere. But something has to be draining the battery. And now the computer has gone crazy. Which started after the 1st new battery went in. Don't know if this is enough info. to do any good, but I'll try anything at this point.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No I didn't. I would imagine they did. As I said I'm now on the second NEW battery in 7 days. I don't know why they replaced the battery in the first place.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2001 c320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Oh, heck no. They say they've checked everything. Starter, starter motor, alternator. Then they thought there was a short somewhere. But that didn't pan out either. Have you ever heard of something like this before?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything. But then I don't know all the questions to ask.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/7/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

There is a common problem for either the passenger seat control module or the driver seat control module causing a battery drain.

There is a procedure for it

Please take a moment to leave a rating so I can receive credit for the answer, it would mean so much to me :). We can still continue even after rating

Let me know if you need the procedure

Disconnect both the driver and passenger seat modules and see if the problem continues after.