Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery is dead and want to put on a charger. No and no.

Customer Question
Battery is dead and...

Battery is dead and want to put on a charger

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No and no

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and battery is dead tried a trickle charger through the cig lighter but didn’t work, very cold here, car is in unsheathed garage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I d9n5 th8nk so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

If you have another car you can run the battery up to the local parts store and they will charge it for free and test it, it might be bad