Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have mercedes c300 2008 the radio turns on and off

I have mercedes c300...

I have mercedes c300 2008 the radio turns on and off randomly, some times the brake-light and other warning lights in the instrument panel are flashing randomly too.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?

Intermitent every few hours or once a day

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, checking the ground cables for loosing checking the radio fuses nothing are wrong

1/6/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

i do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist

did you scan the vehicle for codes?

thanks

WDDGF54X58F169060 checking with MBII scanner no problem.

ok sounds like the SAM module is going into consumer protection mode where it shuts off accessories to keep the battery voltage up.

cause could be a charging system issue where the alternator or cabling to the battery excessive drop in voltage, battery itself , or battery sensor.

MB scan tool is it the factory one or aftermarket?

any U code is a communication issue and something to do with the exterior illumination which may play a part when the engine was replaced.

i would check your connections and ground wires to the chassis make sure that they are clean and tight

Still looking for loose wire and inspect ground wires I noticed some relay in the fuse box are old and show small crack. I have chart for the fuses but I have no info about the relay in the fuse box. Where can I get the relay chart? Would like to know what each relay is for?

so which fuse box are you referring to ?

there are 3 possibilities

Thanks for the reply.
Driver side fuses box under the hood.

ok please see attached document of the fuse lay out and amperage rating!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Thanks I need one more thing the relay information. It only has fuses information but the relays are blank.
Can I get the relay information in that fuse box?
  • J relay 15 power relay
  • K relay 15 R relay
  • L relay Backup relay
  • M relay starter relay
  • N relay 87 circuit relay engine
  • O relay horn relay
  • P relay secondary air
  • Q relay oil cooler fan motor relay
  • R relay 87 relay chassis

see attachment

here you go!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician