Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Pressing the remote lock unlock button on fiat 500 the

Customer Question
Pressing the remote lock...

Pressing the remote lock unlock button on fiat 500 the lights flash the door cannot lock just with key either

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Ive checked the fuses dont know about door switches

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 500e?

500 pop2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far ive opened the key out and pressed the locking mechanism to lock position then opened the door from inside,locked with the key only and success but not always

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cost

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
1/6/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be going on depending on the exact symptoms, it will require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. You may just have a bad fob if the problem is simply that it's unlock button isn't working, but there may be a deeper problem on the vehicle.

Are you able to start the engine?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician