Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tell me about Mercedes battery maintenance requirements for…

Customer Question
Tell me about Mercedes...

Tell me about Mercedes battery maintenance requirements for a CLK 550 model 2007.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Service agent said battery was dead and replaced it with only 540 miles usage in three months. Explain please.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Agent replaced battery. Got new warranty. job done but what he told me makes no sense.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/4/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** the battery was bad after only 3 months the battery was either defective or there is a parasitic drain on the system or the battery was not really bad and a 24-hour recharge would have been sufficient. If the car sits unused for weeks at a time it would be a good idea to use a battery tender to keep the battery charged. If you use the car regularly there should be no problem. It is true that a car that is used very little will shorten the life of a battery but not to the point where it needs to be replaced every 3 months. A low mileage car like yours may require a new battery every couple of years.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mercedes Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 3 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years.

Do you still require assistance with your battery problem?

nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas