Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The Battery is dead and for some reason, the key that I have…

Customer Question
The Battery is dead...

The Battery is dead and for some reason, the key that I have will not turn in the door lock but it will start the car I have read that I can power the car from the starter underneath the car. I would like more information on this

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No, i have not tested the battery because I can't get into the car to pop the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2003 ML 320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to open the door and I called a locksmith but they said that they couldn't get into my car since the battery is dead they can't open the door lock without power

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Amedee, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Mercedes Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

May I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!