Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have bought a 2012 E 350. We have bought a used 2012 E…

Customer Question
We have bought a...

We have bought a 2012 E 350.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Mercedes?

We have bought a used 2012 E 350. We cannot get the bluetooth to find/pair with our cell phones. We have followed all the instructions in the owner's manual and Mercedes' on-line tutorial. It appears the car is not send a bluetooth signal. The phones are not reading MB bluetooth. What is our next step?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does your device require a code?

It does but it is not seeing the device?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried to sync the iPhone with the car via bluetooth. As I just stated the car does not seem to be sending a bluetooth signal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. When we connect the phone via usb port the car does not connect with the phone.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/4/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

have you found the option on the radio for bluetooth searching?

all of the radios have this function, we need to activate the bluetooth search function on the radio. there are 2 ways to sync a phone, and the most best easiest way is for external authorization.

i will look over the instructions and try and walk you through it.