Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2010 C300 Sport with code P2571. P2571 is exact code. Tried…

2010 C300 Sport with...

2010 C300 Sport with code P2571

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P2571 is exact code. Tried resetting, there is a permanent P2571, and pending P2571 - always comes back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, have tried nothing yet.

1/2/2018
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what I see and know on this code here this is a fault with the PREM Air temp sensor.This sensor should be attached to the side of the radiator or in front near the fan as shown below.This sensor fails and causes this code to set with it needing to be replaced.Unfortunately, my info is not showing a part number on your model for this sensor here.You can usually get the correct up to date part number from a dealer with your vehicles VIN number at no charge to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1baog7vrigizoo/pr-01-02.jpg?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, my research up to now has shown that the PREM Air sensor was not applicable to the 2010 C300. I will stop by the local dealer parts counter and see if they have the part for my car or whether it is even applicable.
I will responds with what I learn.Thanks,
Victor

Yeah, I am not even seeing it on your model but the code indicates it has one.The only other cause I see is the scan tool you used is reading the code incorrectly and you need to have the codes re checked with a fully compatible scan tool or computer to read all computers in your vehicle or that your engine computer was programmed/coded incorrectly needing re coded by a dealer.

So if the dealer's parts department does not show on then you need these two things checked into.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went to the dealer and the parts guy confirmed that my 2010 C300 4-MATIC Sport does have that sensor. That dealer will not give out parts numbers, but I was finally able to find it. Temp sensor(###) ###-#### and it requires special adhesive 009989097110. (the special adhesive is just Loctite 4204 and costs 1/4 price of the mercedes P/N - even though mercedes would alos give you a tube of Loctite 4204).
Thanks for your help.

Your welcome

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic