Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2008 MB GL320 with around 133K miles on it now.

Customer Question
Hello sir. I have...
Hello sir. I have a 2008 MB GL320 with around 133K miles on it now. Check engine light has come on just in the last couple of days about the same time the temps took a nose dive. Friday I bought 23 gals diesel fuel and for the first time added approx 8-10oz of diesel treatment trying to prevent gelling. It ran just fine the 30 miles to the house. Next day, check engine light is on. AutoZone ran diags today and found a "P1402 Secondary Air Injection System Control Circuit B" message. I have noticed a loss in power/acceleration lately on cold startup, but so far no limp mode. Could it be a problem with the pressure differential sensor or what are your thoughts? thanks in advance...
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
1/1/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi, is that the only code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sir.

Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you

that code only points to an emission control system that is not involved in the engine's operation, so there is nothing that points to the pressure differential sensor.

if you don't have any other codes noting is significantly wrong with the engine, so the loss of power may be related to the engine not being warmed up yet due to the cold temps

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

did you have additional questions?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had a similar problem with an 07 Chevy trailblazer. Turned out to be the catalytic converter. Any thoughts or how might I narrow it down?
The first thing I would do is invest in a proper scan with a Mercedes scan tool as that p code could be misleading on a diesel. I suspect a proper scan and diagnostic will be more than enough to verify if / what the issue is. Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
Did you have additional questions?
Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert