Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Windshield Wipers not working. 2001 E 430. I first wanted to…

Customer Question
Windshield Wipers not working. ...

Windshield Wipers not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2001 E 430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I first wanted to check the fuse but I couldn't find the fuse diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

I've located the main fuse box under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I had a Blower motor assembly and regulator install recently

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
1/1/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK in the drivers side dash fuse panel check fuses labeled sam fuse, wiper stage 1-2 fuse, and washer fuse, in the underhood fuse panel location check fuse 3

I've checked the fuses and from I can tell they appear to be good.

do you have a voltmeter or test light for testing

No, I do not have a test light....

ok so you can try switch out the wiper relay in in drivers interior fuse panel, there are 2 of them stage 1 and stage 2

Are the wiper relays in that drivers side fuse panel or that fuse panel under the rear seat? I'm not sure where the relays are located, I only saw fuses in the driver's side fuse panel no relays.
Could you send me a diagram of what they look like and where they are located?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu1lrc7bbrm5lad/mon1.docx?dl=0

where you able to locate it?

are you recommending that I go purchase these wiper relays?

no just swap them out with like relays to see if the system works

If I'm looking at the right thing, I do not see other relays that look those two in the main fuse box under the hood.

ok swap the the 1 and 2 out and try it

No that didn't work either. Could you send numbered chart of the fuses and relays in the main fuse box?

I dont have that information in my database

Do you have a picture of the fuse box that shows the wiper relays?

the attachment sent was the only picture available

What do you recommend I do about this problem?

well without a test light or multimeter its going to be hard to troubleshoot it. maybe you could go buy one?

did you get one yet?

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician