Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My car is a Mercedes E350 2011. The problem is the gear

Customer Question
Hi, my car is...

Hi, my car is a Mercedes E350 2011. The problem is the gear shifter can select each mode rev, drive, and neutral but the car won't move. Feels like brake is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Don't know how old the transmission is. Have not checked brake switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Needs mechanic, not doing the work myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car was sitting in water up to tire before problem appeared.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
1/1/2018
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 month ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
When you put the car into gear do the Rpm’s drop and can you feel the car wanting to pull?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Happy New Year. The rpm's do drop and I feel the car wanting to pull.
Good morning and happy new year as well!
Ok so that is good that tells me that what happened was the pads for the brakes just got stuck to the rotors. So this can be tricky but successful BUT you might end up needing new brakes. Put the car into neutral with the ignition on but the engine NOT running, have about 4-5 people a few in the front and a few in the back and you need to rock the car forward and backwards until the wheels
Break free. Other than this the only option is to jack up the wheels and remove the wheels and remove the calipers from the axles to get the pads off the rotors. Most likely the material will break and some will be stuck to the rotors. Hope this information helps , please let me know if you need any further help. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
in short, the brakes are still holding but it's not showing on LCD
no. The brakes are stuck and holding. The car is actually not holding the brakes. It is due to the standing water and rust buildup.

please let me know if you need more help or if you got it taken care of.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician