Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 E350 that won't move forward or reverse. The…

Customer Question
Dear sir, i have...

Dear sir, i have a 2011 E350 that won't move forward or reverse. The shifter can move in reverse, drive and neutral but the brakes won't release. Was sitting briefly in puddle of water before problem appeared.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?

I have no idea what to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I will need a repairman I think unless it's a simple repair. So far I'm just letting it sit to dry.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I have for now.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So the e brake is not releasing? if you put it in drive can you tell its in drive if you floor it does it move at all?

Happy New Year, yes I can feel it wanting to pull.

So you may have just had a component lock up in the brake itself, next you will want to jack the vehicle up and check each wheel and inspect the brake components, check for frozen sliders and pistons and failed brake hardware

hows it coming?

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!