Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I've replaced the crankshaft sensor the air air sensor in…

Customer Question
Hi I've replaced the...

Hi I've replaced the crankshaft sensor the air air sensor in the grill in front grill I've change the battery. I did all this when you started when you tried to crank it would crank but wouldn't turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2007 SLK 280

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

When I first Googled it it first told me it is crankshaft sensor so I can change that then I change the the outside air I can't remember what the name of it is but it's located in the front driver Grill

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Air ambient sensor

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/30/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything else been checked or tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

First I change the battery then I change the crankshaft sensor then I change the air ambient sensor
Next I was going to try to change the relay fuse. Sonder leaning toward fuel filter or even the fuel pump

O.k., the crank sensor is the most common cause of this issue here.But you have already replaced it and the issue remains.The second most common cause for this fault here is a weak fuel pump needing replaced.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested at all with a fuel pressure test gauge this needs to be done to see if you have low pressure or no pressure at all from the fuel pump.In some cases, you can rent the test gauge from a local parts store and any adapters you may need if there is no Schraeder test port on the fuel injector rail to test the pressure off of.

I suspect this issue here is due to a faulty fuel pump needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

The other day it was warm and it cranked up which I found weird then the in the evening it turned cool my wife had just put some more gas in it and it stalled at the gas pump

A weak fuel pump will act up when new gas is put in the tank as the new gas is allot colder than the gas in the tank and a weak pump will be affected by this cold fuel hitting the pump itself.I suspect your fuel pump is faulty needing replaced to resolve this issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?