Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need a security code for my 2005 ML350 Vin 4J G ab57 E55…

Customer Question
Hi I need a security...
Hi I need a security code for my 2005 ML350 Vin 4J G ab57 E55 a56 5 0 for 6
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/30/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately, due to security reasons, we are no longer able to give out radio codes here.Usually, the code is on a card in your owners manual.If it is not you can usually get this code from a dealer.They may or may not charge a small fee for this code ( as most will not ) but they will need to see proof of identification as well as vehicle registration to make sure you are the owner.In some cases, you can get it from them over the phone after emailing or faxing this info to them.In some cases, you can get the code info from the link below as well.I apologize but we were stopped from giving out radio codes anymore here.

https://www.radiocode.ivgsoft.com/radiocode.php?mk=26

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I have the code but now it just is stuck on wait

O.k., if you have the correct code leave the engine running or key on for an hour or more it will go back to the code input screen.If you leave just the key on making sure to connect a battery charger so the battery doesn't die.But the engine has to be running or key on for at least an hour for it to go back to the code screen again to input the code.

Now if it goes back to wait then you have the wrong code number and would need to obtain the code from a dealer.If you know for sure you have the right code number then the radio has an internal fault and would need to be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

I thought the text you sent me was the code looks like I was wrong

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to post code info here due to security reasons.They stopped us from doing that.What I posted originally is how to get the code to help you find it.In allot of cases a dealer will give it to you free of charge once they see proof of ownership as well as a photo ID.I wish we could still post the code info here but that has been stopped.I know this isn't what you were looking for here but I hope it does help point you in the right direction to get the code you need.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?