Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Why my Mercedes 190e engine goes off when engine is running…

Customer Question
Why my Mercedes 190e...

Why my Mercedes 190e engine goes off when engine is running and gets 80 degrees and start again when is cold

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Battery is not to good in 3 try's might die

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 190E?

1989

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 190E yourself? What have you tried so far?

I use a mechanic but he change coils and water heater sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The two fans I front radiator don't start a made them start directly while engine was running but still engine went off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/30/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
The most common issue for this scenario will be the crankshaft position sensor. It is mounted in the back of the engine near the firewall. The best test is ice water. When the car dies pour a glass of ice water down the back of the engine on the right side (when facing engine) and if the car restarts the crank sensor is the issue. Hope this information helps , happy new year! Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified