Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My gas cap was loose and when I managed to tighten it, the…

Customer Question
My gas cap was...

My gas cap was loose and when I managed to tighten it, the check engine light came on and the engine wouldn't fire the first time I tried. After that ok, but the ce light stayed on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2003 E320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I take it to a mechanic. I note that when I restarted it, the ce light went off. Was it just because of the loose cap?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, except that this isn't the first time I've had the issue with the sensors.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/28/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

There should be a stored code in there, if you can get it up to a auto parts store they can do a code scan for free and it will tell you what was going on

Can you just cancel this? I was led to understand that this first question was $5

sure just call customer service