Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Very cold in Alberta right now. Car was parked and not

Customer Question
Very cold in Alberta...

Very cold in Alberta right now. Car was parked and not started for 4 days. Now, car will start but it won't shift into reverse or drive. Mercedes B200

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Original transmission and have not noticed any leaks 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?

2008 B200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself. Need to get it to a mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it. Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, for clarification, do you mean that the shifter will not move out of park, or that the shifter will go into reverse or drive but that your vehicle will not move when placed in gear.

And I will need the last 8 of the vin number to pull up any needed schematics.