Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1980 450SL, Chassis #066120 that needs a fuel

Customer Question
I have a 1980...

I have a 1980 450SL, Chassis #066120 that needs a fuel accumulator (MB part #0004760321, Bosch #043817004) I'm told that this part has been discontinued, but no one can tell me if there is a replacement. Can't find anything online (eBay,etc.) Car is at a MB dealership service dept, and they just tell me they can't find the part? Any recommendations?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Recently acquired, but seems to run pretty good. Difficult starting cold and hot. Will turn over but takes 20+ seconds of turnover before firing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '80 Mercedes?

450SL, Chas. type 107.044, Eng type 117.985. Low mileage (47,000)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mecedes Dealership service dept diagnosed the issue, but can't get the new accumulator nor provide me with additional info on replacement part, etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/28/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One place I use for used parts is http://www.car-part.com.Just enter your vehicle info and what you're looking for ( or close to what you're looking for) and a list should come up of who has it as well as the cost.They can ship it to you.If you are not able to locate it directly looking it up this way then you can look up something like the fuel pump or similar and it will bring up a list of who has it and you can contact them and let them know what part number you're looking for to then get the part you need.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete