Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2004 e 320 air ride problems

Customer Question
2004 e 320 air ride problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Hello I'm Wolfgang!!

can you explain further on your issue with your e320

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
rear pass.air spring blew on my wife .the compressor was trying to refill bag on way home.she was very close and limped it home..i put it in my shop changed air bag with new airnott bag.went right in no problem...i have car sitting on jack level..i restart car but the compressor will not come on to fill bag..i checked fuses in passenger compartment..all look good..any ideas?

let explain myself first

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

ok now that being said .. I do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
wdbuh65j54a383317

ok please give me some time to get that info and will get back with you as soon as possible . about 1 hr . is that ok?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks alot...!!.

my pleasure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok found fuse panel.not familiar with these guys...which one is it and how would i check it...they r behind plastic..ill keep messing with it till i hear back
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
relay is good and i jumped 30 and 87 and compressor came right on..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all the fuses were good as well under the mat

ok sorry for the delay the site had issues all evening!!

do you have voltage on either of the 2 terminals of the relay?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
relay good..i jumped with wire and air pump came right on

this is not what i have asked is there voltage at least one of the small wires of the relay connector!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no power on the smaller wires.

ok i need you to check interior fuse 34 of the left end dash fuse box then also you need to check the fuse f45 of the engine fuse box make sure you have voltage on both sides of the fuse

do let me know what you find

thanks

hello again any new updates?

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello..yes sorry..both fuses are good sir..

is the vehicle still on the stands or is it on the jack but the rear is low?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
at first it was on a jack about level when i installed them...hooked up battery and nothing ..so i let it down to bottom out..still nothing...now dont forget she drove it back home bottomed out..and at first the air compressor was running trying to refill
the bad bag..but by time she got home i wasnt pumping anymore as far as i recall...i was thinking the switch on the rear end may have been damaged driving so low...

please check that the linkage is not broken . if not broken then make sure that the linkage did not go the other direction

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its still hooked from diff,to switch,,,but im not sure as to what you mean by go the other direction?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i will inspect it very close tomorrow after work and let you know my findings..thank you good night

the linkage is a sizzor so the linkage may have flipped to the other direction (was on the right but now linkage is on the left)

my pleasure!!

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician