Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was changing the spark plugs on a1999 c230,,and the wire…

Customer Question
I was changing the...

I was changing the spark plugs on a1999 c230,,and the wire connector that connects to the coil pack broke,,could I splice the wire and use another connector

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

Just bought it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your C230?

1999 kompressor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I cut a wire connector from another car and connected it to mine it turns over but wouldn't stay started,,it was just running fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 6 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you are using the same connector from another car or from the dealer then it should work fine. You need to make sure that the wiring is connected in the correct order and that you solder it. Crimping does not work well on this vehicle. Please let me know if you need more help.

doing this wouldn't mess up my ecm, rite?

No as long as the ignition is not on while you are doing it.