Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I left back car window half way down when it rained and back…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I left...

Second opinion] I left back car window half way down when it rained and back left passenger side floor got wet. Car started well on getting in it the next day. Got to my destination and wouldn't start. I have a 2009 C300 Mercedes. Before the wrecker pulled it on the truck it started twice. Cut it off and wouldn't start back. Had it pulled to the dealer. The water on just on carpet of back passenger side. It said on panel SRS malfunction. What do you think could be the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No....Just got new battery in August. I just don't want them to charge me more than it really is to get repaired.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No..... right now it is at the dealers and my service man says it might be electrical. They suppose to get back with me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/27/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

This sounds like the body control module on the car has gotten wet as its located under the passenger seat ?

often when water makes its way inside it will sit under the carpet and not be immediately visible

so I'd suggest the next step is to lift up the floor mats and dry them out, and also lift as much of the rear carpet as possible to get under it with some rags / sponges etc to remove the water

then disconnect the battery and then disconnect the BCM and use contact cleaner on the connectors to remove any residue

there may also be a front junction box under the front passenger footwell carpet do the same to that as water can sometimes run under the carpet to the front of the car

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt