Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My g300 has a flashing LOW button and the car will not

Customer Question
Hi Paul, my g300...

Hi Paul, my g300 has a flashing LOW button and the car will not engage hear. I think the transfer case has gone into neutral and I can’t get it out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2013 G300 Professional

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have pressed the low button for 20 seconds to try and get the transfer case to go into low range but it has not worked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mercedes
12/26/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What can happen that causes this issue here is a fault with the transfer case control motor/actuator.This actuator fails over time and causes this issue here.You will have to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done to help locate if the actuator itself is the cause or if another component is at fault.But the actuator can be a common cause for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic