Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a code P2BAD what does it mean. I tried to reset it…

Customer Question
I have a code...

I have a code P2BAD what does it mean

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I tried to reset it but it will not

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

It is Freightliner Sprinter 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I only tried to reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The engine is 3.0 Mercedes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/25/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

Please double check the DTC fault number P2BAD is not valid is ? for 2010 sprinter v6 3.0 liter turbo

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I will opt out for other expert to assist you on it , that is a valid code ,but i dont not have the info on it sorry

lou is working here today will try to help you on it

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
I can get you the diagnostic for this code. It may be a little bit, i am trying to access my work info remotely .
Here is the code descriptionP2BAD - the upper limit value for long term adaptation of the SCR exhaust aftertreatment system was exceededWhat this means is that the electronic adjustment of the value of the adblue injection system and converter are beyond its limits. So either the injection valve is clogging or the catalytic converter is failing or the nox sensor after cat is faulty. This would need to be diagnosed with a mercedes scanner , preferebly a dealer so its not misdiagnosed. The only way to get into the proper test steps is with a mercedes scanner. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician