Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 mercedes benz ml350 blue tek i having problems…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 mercedes benz ml350 blue tek i having problems with the turbo boost after i replaced the oil cooler and now i have no turbo boost the car will only go about 35mph and thats it not sure what i did wrong when i replaced the oil cooler after i took off the turbo and put everything back in need help thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Not even a month ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i took everything off when i replaced the oil cooler that is underneath the manifold and put everything back in and i check all my senors and turbo boost i have turbo boost but doesnt seem its going through the manifold

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/23/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Any time the car goes into limp mode there will be a fault code in the engine module. Have you had the codes checked ? If so i will need the code numbers , if not you will need to have the codes checked in order to allow me to help you. Lou
the code is 15600
156000
Ok thanks. It will be a little before i can get the diagnostics for this code . I am currently commuting. Will this be ok if i can get back to you in a few hours ? I have a mercedes scanner at home i can run the diagnostics for the code with.

156000-The negative control deviation of exhaust gas recirculation control is too high.

I think the egr needs to be replaced.

this code leads me to test the egr which the positioner is internal.

I would replace the egr and see if the fault reoccurs.

sorry for the delay, hope this helps.

Merry Christmas.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician